Virtual Clinical Scenarios for new employee onboarding, nurse residency programs, healthcare management, leadership, and more.
Healthcare Learning Innovations, a division of American Sentinel University, offers unique gamified training tools for nurse education, professional development, and HR leaders looking for engaging ways to train and develop their healthcare workforce - from new nurses to experienced healthcare professionals preparing for management roles.
Practice critical thinking and realistic leadership skills in a virtual setting:
Patient Management and Delegation® – Learners act as a ‘Charge Nurse’, make critical choices and take on high levels of responsibility, while learning to plan, coordinate and evaluate nursing resources
Prioritization of Care® (ED Based) – Learners prioritize needs, sort patients into different levels of care for treatment and provide rationale for their decisions
Prioritization of Care 2® (Clinic Based) – This product features all the benefits of Prioritization of Care – with new, in-demand skill categories, settings and achievement badges
Family Support and Home Assessment with Care Plan – Learners interview a single mother and virtually “walk” through the family’s home to identify potential environmental, health and safety hazards, while practicing psychological assessment and charting techniques
Nursing Quality Indicators (NEW) – Learners examine and predict the organizational impact of clinical judgments, nursing decisions, communication and actions while caring for 10 unique patients across five levels.
- Leadership and HR gain first-hand perspective on employee performance – For example, percentage of correct answers, number of attempts to advance, number of hours spent in virtual environment, completion report for various levels and rationales provided.
- Self-paced activities – Learners can take their time, focus and really absorb key information and experiences.
- Auto grading component – Key feature that saves management time.
- Remediation – Learners must provide rationale for their decisions. Remediation is provided for wrong answers.
- Less theory – more clinical and critical thinking practical experiences.