Healthcare Learning Innovations hands you the key to the city – Sentinel City® – giving you access to its people, buildings and services. Originally developed to teach nursing students how to conduct windshield surveys, Sentinel City now includes 23-plus assignments. We cover everything from virtual urban community assessments to natural disasters and population-focused interventions – and there’s more to come.
Tour Sentinel City
Sentinel City Urban Community is an engaging and rewarding way to learn what community and population health nursing is all about. This virtual urban city allows students to practice critical thinking, observation and care planning at no risk. By including the completely immersive virtual nursing scenario assignment – Family Support Assessment, Home Assessment, Nursing Diagnosis and Final Care Plan – nurse educators can accelerate learning.
- 23-plus complete assignments and grading rubrics aligned with QSEN and NLN core competencies and AACN BSN Essentials
- Students can earn simulated clinical hours and practice experience
- 13 diverse characters, exposing students to a variety of illness, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Applicable to disaster preparedness, infection prevention and control, general education and more
- “Camera” and notes wizard for recording observations; name and date-stamp verify student integrity
- Dashboard provides insight into student capabilities and progress
- Faculty Resource Portal includes faculty guide, assignment catalog, FAQs and dashboard guide
- Student Resource Portal includes quick start guide, FAQs, video, diagnosis and assessment forms