Underserved, aging and sometimes poor, the people in rural regions present healthcare challenges distinctly different from what population health nurses experience in cities. Sentinel Town® is our virtual rural community specifically designed to help nursing students master assessment and intervention planning that makes an impact in rural communities.
Tour Sentinel Town
Each trip into Sentinel Town rural community is a unique adventure. Faculty can choose from a variety of assignments to drive desired learning outcomes. Students have the opportunity to practice dealing with a health environment, without leaving home. Like all our products, Sentinel Town gives nurse educators a supplemental teaching tool for nursing education texts at pre-licensure (ADN and BSN), and post-licensure (RN-BSN) programs.
- 17-plus assignments aligned to AACN BSN Essentials, with complete assignments and grading rubrics that allow tailoring for specific course goals
- Students can earn simulated clinical hours and practice experience
- 10 locations with unique data and demographics
- 5 community citizens, exposing students to a variety of case studies
- 7 key informants providing community subsystem information
- Camera” and notes wizard for recording observations; name and date-stamped to verify student integrity
- Faculty dashboard provides insight into student capabilities and progress
- Faculty Resource Portal includes faculty guide, assignment catalog, FAQs and dashboard guide
- Student Resource Portal includes quick start guide, FAQs, video, diagnosis and assessment forms